Would you rather questions are a great way to get a conversation started in a fun and interesting way. And it’s easy to get into some amazing conversations by just asking “why” after a would you rather question. You’ll get some very interesting answers and probably learn a lot more about the person you are talking to.
If you’ve got a group, you can take turns choosing a would you rather question and asking each member of the group. If it’s just two of you, you both can take turns asking would you rather questions to each other. Or you can just run down the list together answering them all together.
You can also try some of our other conversation game pages like never have I ever questions, truth or dare questions, 21 questions game, this or that questions, most likely to questions, or even our trivia questions.
We have over 300 would you rather questions in our list, use them however you want and have fun with them! If you would like an image or a PDF of just the click the link in the table of contents. Or if you’d like to play games in a fun chat room / meeting setting the folks over at Brightful turned my questions into games.
Best would you rather questions
These are, in my humble opinion, some of the best would you
rather questions we have to offer. I hope you enjoy them!
Which would be less likely to wipe us off the face of the planet?
If you strongly swing introvert or extrovert, this might be
pretty easy for you.
To be honest, I just put this one in because I thought it
has a nice ring to it. Nothing like some good idioms.
Built in blanket or +2 armor, which one will you choose?
Is a bad year worth living or is better to give up a year of
Feel rushed or feel bored. Make others wait or have to wait.
Have a hard time getting a job or be constantly waiting around looking at your
phone. Choose wisely.
One free crime of your choice or a life of limitless theft
and/or espionage. Get in touch with your inner criminal.
8. Would you rather know the history of every object you touched or be able to talk to animals?
Basically, the best veterinarian/zoologist on the planet or
the most incredible archaeologist ever.
This answer probably changes quite a bit depending on if you
are or have ever been married.
The most important question is, what would the conversations
Look at you, big shot, the World making way for you!
The waves, the sun, the smell of salty air. The open road
before you, also the sun, the smell of the pines. Either one sounds pretty good
about right now.
Food choice, or beverage choice, tough pick.
Both would be pretty cool. Either one would make a great
This is a great question to help you decide how well you
would do as an entrepreneur.
Explorer or humanitarian, you’ll go down in history books
either way, but which way do you want to be remembered?
Either way, you will definitely have a leg up. You would be
the smartest 5-year-old on the playground but man, it would be rough going
through puberty again.
You feeling that druid vibe or more of a cyberpunk vibe?
Choosing between food and travel. I don’t know about you,
but it’s probably the hardest choice on this list for me.
So, will you be a super thief or a super snoop? Will you use
your powers for good or evil?
Being king pro: You get to tell everyone what to do. Living
in the past con: Dentistry. Or the lack thereof.
How about it, you Neo or a second-rate Aladdin? Information
is power, but dodging bullets is pretty cool. A lot of cardio though.
Sure, people will look at you funny, but either one you
choose, own it.
You want to be comfy in the streets or comfy in the sheets?
Well not everyone gets lucky. But you know if everyone is a
superhero then no one is.
Just remember that all the supporting characters in your
life are the main character in their own. Not sure why you need to remember it,
but it sounds pseudo-profound right?
“Lord, I was born a rambling man…” Or do you prefer… “Our
house, in the middle our street…”
Sure, being plain old sane might be the preferred choice, but
that’s not an option!
Do you prefer the high life or the wandering life? Both have
their benefits. But more than likely you instantly know which is right for you.
Is it just me or would this make a good comedy movie/TV
A god in the machine or a ghost in the real world.
Privacy for your thoughts, or privacy for you, which do you value more?
Both would change the world, for better or for worse, forever. But which choice would do the most good, or at least be the most fun.
Quality is great, but does it outweigh quantity? I leave
that up to you to decide.
No matter which you choose that would be one crazy life to
It’s amazing how many uses these two would have once you
start thinking about them and how they would play out in real life.
You can’t judge a book by its cover. But people still do.
There is a reason that super power questions are so popular they are almost a cliché. I mean we all want to be powerful and special.
A lot easier to answer if you’ve lived or traveled other countries but even if you haven’t, you’ve surely heard a lot about at least a few countries.
Safer but slower and more annoying or faster but more likely to get a ticket?
The dream job also gives you a month paid vacation, but you need to pay for the vacation.
If you’ve ever given up using a phone or been on a low/no salt diet you know how painful each of these are.
44. Would you rather get a post card every day from a stranger in a different country or a 10 minute call with anyone in the world you choose once a year?
For the post cards, you wouldn’t be obligated to respond unless you wanted to. So it’s either voices from around the world, 365 a year or a high powered short conversation once a year.
This one might depend on age, I have a feeling older folks might prefer podcasts and younger might prefer YouTube, but I could be wrong.
Some people can take or leave the snacks, and for some people they are just as crucial as the movie.
Do you have that wanderlust, or just want to settle in? Neither one is better than the other, they’re just different.
Job satisfaction versus not working as much at your job. Probably a real decision you’ll have to make or have already made.
I feel like with this question you could also branch out into one letting you enjoy life now but the other would let you leave you mark on history. Life or legacy.
This question doesn’t really work unless the person you are asking really likes beverages other than water, booze or coffee or soda.
Sure, you’ll probably make more money as a business owner, but you’d probably be more famous as an artist. Either one could be doing what you love, it just depends on what you love doing.
Sure, you are pretty awesome now, but you could be way more awesome…. or way worse.
Funny would you rather questions
These would you rather questions will hopefully be good for a laugh, or at least the start of a funny conversation.
I think the picture is definitely worth a thousand of my
Very cool and impractical or kind of lame but a lot more
Sure, you like soup, but do you like it enough to give up
using a fork?
Let’s be honest, both are a fate worse than death.
So, um yeah, sometimes you get so tired, and you just type
stuff. And sometimes you keep it. And this I’m keeping.
You are going to get the side eye from a lot of folks either
Either way, you are going to need to find a job suited to
your strict attire requirements. Bathing suit, lifeguard. Tux, probably lots of
options. Wedding dress… hmm that one might be a little more difficult.
60. Would you rather be unable to move your body every time it rains or not be able to stop moving while the sun is out?
Which do you value more, your peaceful rest time or getting
Birds or Cujo, either way, better put on your chainmail
before heading out the door!
Oh man, either way, you might take a beating walking around.
Just hope you don’t live in a city!
63. Would you rather have skin that changes color based on your emotions or tattoos appear all over your body depicting what you did yesterday?
Whew, the tattoos would be super embarrassing, but then
again it would be rough having everyone know how you feel all the time.
This is another that would make a great TV series.
Especially if they combined them. I only hope they make it a dark comedy.
Yeah, let’s just pretend that whatever is being thrown, once
it hits the ground, it disappears. Nobody wants tons of popped balloon
fragments or rotting food around.
This is like the worst set of superpowers ever. Hope you can
find an SO who is super understanding.
One incredibly goofy, one incredibly creepy. Which will you
The most underwhelming superpowers. I would totally watch a show or movie about superheroes with really under powered powers.
Cold and flu season is going to be really weird for you.
Yeah, this is another one I don’t really know what to say.
Nothing catchy here just a very bizarre choice.
Knowing my friends, definitely the ingredients chosen at
random. I hope you have nicer friends than I do…
The future is a fashion dystopia! There is no fashion, or everyone must be extremely unique in their fashion or face possible death.
How much is three weeks worth? Is it worth the memory? Sure, it would make a great story, but the smell, oh the smell.
Not going to lie, I pulled the trees screaming from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey. But the spiders being able to open doors, that’s just from my nightmares.
Who needs privacy after all? You get decide if you want your thoughts to be private or you get some alone time but people think you are crazy every time you are around them.
Another silly one, but one that probably touches some pet peeves. But really, I just wish people would use headphones. If you listen to music without headphones, just know that everyone hates you and wishes you were never born. Can you tell which one bothers me the most?
You are definitely going to garner some attention wherever you go, either way road trips are going to be a bit rough.
Bizarre super powers, maybe not super powers. More like mediocre powers, but powers none the less!
Either one could lead to some very fun pranks and shenanigans, limited only by your creativity.
This one is a fun one because the more you think into each one the more you realize how limiting each would be.
Sure, being the head of a company would make you more money but being the head of a cult would probably lead to a lot better stories.
You feeling hot, hot, hot. Or are you as cold as ice?
For the wearing shoes always, think the spray on shoes from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I think the uncomfortable shoes is self-explanatory, we’ve all been there.
Both are horrible, even more so if done by a stranger, but which is worse?
And if you did choose the one strong smell one, which smell would it be?
Just some general would you rather questions that are fun to
answer. No theme or anything, just enjoy!
The limelight or the credit, your choice.
Both help to make peoples’ lives better. But both have some
serious downsides that go along with them.
Which do you cheer for in fantasy movies and books, dwarves or elves?
How about it, you a Zuko or a Katara?
This question gets a lot harder to answer the hotter or
colder it is where you live.
Either one would make for an amazing superpower.
And of course, Reddit counts as social media, even if you
are just lurking.
The old dilemma of beauty vs. intelligence, which is more
important? Is ignorance truly bliss, or is that just cop out?
Sure, you can always lose weight, but how many people
actually do lose weight. As for the other, a lot of work, but a lot of hair as
well. How much do you love those locks Fabio?
Forced carnivore or vegetarian, I suppose for vegans and vegetarians this is an easy choice.
It won’t be long until everyone has both! Whether they like
it or not. Just kidding! Or am I?
The arts or the sciences, which do you prefer?
We are talking ALL drugs, not just the fun and useful ones. And perhaps dueling would be popular or perhaps not. Either choice could possibly lead to quite a bit of chaos or might not do much of anything.
- Would you rather live without a dishwasher or a clothes dryer?
- Would you rather feel safe and secure no matter if there is danger or never be in danger but always feel like you were?
- Would you rather start a new religion or be high up in the rankings of a major religion?
- Would you rather be reborn as a tree or an insect?
- Would you rather wear a hat or put on sunscreen?
- Would you rather go to a busy city or a quiet place for a vacation?
- Would you rather talk to your friend on the phone or text?
- Would you rather use the self-checkout line or go through a line with a cashier in a grocery store?
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- Would you rather jump out of an airplane or hang glide?
- Would you rather stick with what’s comfortable for you or follow the latest trend?
- Would you rather drive a car or ride public transportation?
- Would you rather listen to a podcast or an audio book?
- Would you rather go to a new restaurant every weekend for a month or go to the same restaurant that you know is good for a month?
- Would you rather go on a resort vacation or a backpacking vacation?
- Would you rather have four sons or four daughters?
- Would you rather spend money on fine dining or brand name things?
- Would you rather live in a run-down RV or a luxury tiny house?
- Would you rather do cross-fit or yoga?
- Would you rather do a physically hard job for a day or a boring job for a week?
- Would you rather live in a city or a suburb?
- Would you rather spend the last day of your life at home with friends and family or somewhere you always dreamed of going?
- Would you rather have a lot of time or a lot of money?
- Would you rather live your life with tasteless food or without friends?
- Would you rather go to India or Egypt?
- Would you rather go on a liquid diet or a meat only diet?
- Would you rather dance in public or do a public speech?
- Would you rather learn Korean or Japanese?
- Would you rather go clothes shopping in a store or online?
- Would you rather spend a day hiking or hanging out at a beach?
- Would you rather buy something practical or pretty for your partner?
- Would you rather go to Disney or Universal Studios?
- Would you rather watch a horror movie or a bizarre artsy movie?
- Would you rather drive a sports car or a Tesla?
- Would you rather be really good at magic tricks or making jokes?
- Would you rather save 10 children or 20 adults?
- Would you rather lose your front teeth or all your hair?
- In a heist, would you rather be in the action or work behind a computer?
- Would you rather be more talented at singing or acting?
- Would you rather deal with a hurricane or a tsunami?
- Would you rather have the wisdom of elders or the energy of youth?
- Would you rather be a leader or a follower?
- Would you rather eat watermelon with mustard or drink coffee with orange juice?
- Would you rather have a mosquito bite on your butt or the bottom of your foot?
- Would you rather be good at creating ideas or taking action?
- Would you rather not brush your teeth or not take a shower for a week?
- Would you rather get be tickled for 10 mins or not be able to talk for a week?
- Would you rather buy a small amount things as needed or in bulk from Costco?
- Would you rather do your homework/task in advance and enjoy the rest of your time or enjoy your time first and do the work last minute?
- When you are in a bad mood, would you rather cancel the plan with your friend or still show up?
- Would you rather have a non-stop burping disorder or a non-stop farting disorder?
- Would you rather raise newborn children or take care of elderly parents?
- Would you rather save your child or partner from drowning in the water?
- Would you rather have a poor but affectionate partner or a cold but rich partner?
- Would you rather binge watch documentaries or reality shows?
- Would you rather work hard to make yourself happy or towards a greater good?
- Would you rather stick with eating only healthy food or enjoy life eating whatever you want?
- When flying somewhere, would you rather pay less and have to do more lay overs or pay more for less layovers?
- Would you rather learn to box or a martial art?
- Would you rather go to see a Beatles or Queen cover band?
- Would you rather drive at night with your interior lights or have someone follow you the whole trip with their high beams on?
- Would you rather have food allergies or environmental allergies?
- Would you rather have a partner who has a similar personality but different hobbies/interests or a different personality but similar hobbies?
- Would you rather go out with someone who knows a lot of things or is good at sports?
- Would you rather have words of affirmation or acts of service?
- Would you rather to be able to run a long distance or be able to lift heavy weights?
- Would you rather work alone at home or in the office with other people?
- You had a long day. Would you rather go home or hang out with friends?
- Would you rather go to a party with a bunch of people you don’t know or a small gathering with people you know well?
- Would you rather get a tattoo or get your body pierced?
- Would you rather eat a live octopus or cow cartilage?
- When you receive a call from an unknown number would you rather answer the call or let it go to voicemail?
- Would you rather to be the center of attention or in the background at a party?
- Would you rather work in a quiet room or a cafe?
- Would you rather filter what you are about to say or say what’s on your mind?
- Would you rather read a paper book or on a tablet?
- Would you rather have a plain looking plant that grows on its own or something that needs care but gives you fruit or flowers?
- Would you rather go to an escape room or an axe throwing place with your friends?
- Would you rather drink mixed drinks or something on the rocks?
- Would you rather go on a snorkeling or a scuba diving trip?
- Would you rather buy products from name brands or a small business?
- You heard that your friend talked behind your back. Would you rather confront your friend or just stop talking to the friend?
- Would you rather fix the education system or health care?
- Would you rather spend hours to get something for free or pay for what you want right now?
- Would you rather go to a museum or a concert?
- Would you rather put up with toothache or headache?
- Would you rather have anchovies or pineapples on your pizza?
- Would you rather have friends who are similar to you or totally different?
- Would you rather make something fun with a laser cutter or a 3D printer?
- Would you rather have many options to choose from or just two?
- When you have a problem would you rather talk with someone or try to figure it out by yourself?
- Would you rather shave or wax?
- Would you rather eat savory food or sweet and savory food?
- Would you rather spend money on education or work more to build more experience in your field?
- Would you rather sleep with someone snoring or grinding their teeth?
- Would you rather go on domestic trips or trips to different countries?
- Would you rather put Sprite in beer or wine?
- Would you rather wake up one day as a different gender or stay with the same gender?
- Would you rather spend your day off relaxing near the pool or at home?
- Would you rather build a spa or a nice outdoor fireplace?
- Would you rather go on a cruise or to an all-inclusive resort?
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie that is based on that book?
- Would you rather use a porta-potty or go somewhere there are no people in the woods?
- Would you rather ride a snow mobile or a jet ski?
- Would you rather eat a juicy cheesy burger or a fresh ingredient pizza with an amazing crust?
- Would you rather learn French or Russian?
- Your airplane crashed and you are the only survivor on an island. Would you rather eat fish or birds for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather get attacked by porcupines or skunks?
- Would you rather drink coffee without cream or without sugar?
- Would you rather be alone or with your family for Mother’s Day/Father’s Day? (If you are not a parent let’s imagine you are one)
- Would you rather do the dishes or do the laundry?
- Would you rather grow your own vegetables or buy them at a grocery store for the convenience?
- It’s a beautiful Sunday. After lunch would you rather take a walk or a nap?
- Would you rather work with coworkers you don’t enjoy being around at a great job or coworkers you love being around, but the job is boring?
- Would you rather wear comfortable but ugly shoes or very fashionable but uncomfortable shoes for a night out?
- Would you rather walk in and wait for 1 hour to get into a restaurant or make a reservation 1 month ahead?
- Would you rather do a bar crawl tour or a food tour?
- Would you rather watch YouTube or Netflix all day?
- Would you rather go into a crowded city because there are lots of cool places or stay outside of the city for peace and quiet?
- Would you rather plan things in advance or do things as it goes depending on what mood you are in?
- Would you rather cook good food or have someone else cook something okay for you?
- Would you rather spend money on a family restaurant or a fine dining restaurant on the weekend?
- Would you rather sleep with a fuzzy blanket or a thin cover?
- Would you rather spend more money on bedding or towels?
- In your hotel room, would you rather have a comfortable bed or an amazing shower?
- Would you rather live in a country where you know you are going to make a good money but don’t like the lifestyle or you make less money, but enjoy the lifestyle?
- Let’s say you are on a fasting diet, and you can eat only one meal a day. Would you rather eat a big lunch or big dinner?
- Would you rather work with animals or kids?
- Would you rather watch a foreign movie with subtitles or dubbed?
- Would you rather give money to a homeless person day by day or donate a lump sum to an organization?
- Would you rather have a metal door with triple locks, iron bars all around the windows as a security system for your home or none of those and just a gun?
- You have money to hire a personal designer. Would you rather redo your house or change your style from head to toe?
- Would you rather follow the instructions on how to do something or try without instructions?
- Would you rather have a friend who knows a lot of cool places to go or a friend who has lots of friends?
- Would you rather live in a big house with lots of stuff or in an apartment owning less things?
- Your work wants to pay you a bonus. Would you rather get a portion every 3 months or so or get a lump sum at the end of a year?
- Would you rather go to 3 – 5 different countries for a short amount of time or stay in one country a long time and experience that country in a deeper way?
- Would you rather have more rooms for storage or own less things?
- In some countries people slurp noodles, double dip, or eat food with fingers. Would you rather adopt their cultural practices or stick with what you are used to do when you are in their country?
Would you rather questions PDF and image
Here is an easily printable PDF of all the would you rather questions except the extra questions.
And here is an image of all those would you rather questions except the extra questions.